Good Morning!
I am a bit later posting today than I normally am--had to make a quick trip to the dentist office first thing so he could adjust some work he did on me last week. I have to say--I am SUPER blessed to have such a good and kind dentist. And he is a strong Christian as well, which makes it even better because I know he prays for God to guide his hands as he works. No matter what doctor I am seeing, I always pray for God to work through them--but it is even better when I know the doctor is praying for the same thing!
Which reminds me of our Psalm for today--Psalm 25. As I read through it,, I choose verse 15 to record in my notebook:
"My eyes are ever toward the LORD, for He shall pluck my feet out of the net." Psalm 25:15
"My eyes are ever toward the LORD." How often do we let our eyes look at others? When you are a child, you may complain that a sibling has a bigger dessert than you received, or you may envy a new toy a playmate has. When a teen, you might feel bad when your friend has a date on Saturday night but you don't. And as adults, you subtly size up the other kids at the school to decide if your child is smarter or more beautiful. But in all these situations we have misplaced our eyes. We are looking at ourselves when we should be looking toward HIM. For He is the only One who can save us.
I also really liked a verse further down in today's chapter, verse 21:
"Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for You." Psalm 25:21
This is what I want. Today--and every day--I want to keep my eyes ever toward the LORD, and wait for Him.
How are you looking toward Him or waiting on Him today?
~Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment