Saturday, August 13, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 13

Good Morning!

We are on Psalm 13 today.  A very short chapter at only six verses!  But once again, as I looked for a verse to record for my Bible notebook, I had to pick not one but two.  They just kinda went together--and were holding hands, and said they didn't want to be separated! ;)

So I choose verses 5 and 6, which read like this:

"But I have trusted in Your mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.  I will sing to the LORD; Because He has dealt bountifully with me."

These two verses are lovely!  Full of hope.  Full of trust.  But I couldn't help but notice that the chapter does not start out that way.  It starts out "How long, O LORD?  Will You forget me forever?"  Evidently David did not always FEEL like God was listening to him--like God was taking care of him.  And yet--even though sometimes he expresses his frustration, he continually comes back to a decision to trust that God is going to take care of him.  David looks back--and says that God has dealt "bountifully" with him.

I decided to look up the definition of "bountifully" this morning.  Do you know what some synonyms for "bountifully" are?  I found a whole long list:

generous, magnanimous, munificent, openhanded, unselfish, unstinting, lavish, benevolent, beneficent, charitable, philanthropic, abundant, plentiful, ample, copious, superabundant, inexhaustible

Just try and wrap your brain around THAT list of words!  These are all describing how God deals with us.  We can trust in His mercy--our heart will be safe.  We can sing--because the joy is bubbling out of us.  God does not deal in a stingy way with us, but in a bountiful way!  Even when we cannot see it.

Have a beautiful day with your bountiful Savior.  And trust your heart with Him!

~Susan

No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors