Monday, August 29, 2016
150 Days in the Psalms---Psalm 29
Good Morning!
Here we are--another Monday! I would guess that if a poll was taken, most people would NOT pick Monday as their favorite day of the week! Just a hunch, but I suspect top contenders for favorite day would probably be Friday, Sabbath, or Sunday. And Mondays CAN be hard! But you know what? So can Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday--every day can be hard. Afterall, cancer does not only strike on certain days of the week. Neither do job layoffs, car accidents, or any other trouble that might come our way.
Which brings me to Psalm 29. Are YOU reading the Psalms along with me? Did you see the same verse in Psalm 29 that I did? It was verse 11 that God sent to me this morning:
"The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace." Psalm 29:11
I think I can really use this verse on a Monday morning--and on EVERY morning, for that matter!
I looked up the definition of "strength" in the dictionary. Even though it is a familiar word to me, sometimes we can gain new understanding as we think about how those words apply in Bible promises.
Strength: 1) the state or quality of being physically or mentally strong; 2) the ability to withstand or exert great force, stress, or pressure; 3) something that is regarded as being beneficial orr a source of power: their chief strength is technology
I need God's strength today! And I suspect you do too!
Then I looked up the word "peace."
Peace: 1) a state of harmony between people or groups; freedom from strife; 2) law and order within a state, absence of violence or other disturbance; 3) absence of mental anxiety (often in the phrase peace of mind)
I might desire strength, but it does not come from me. This verse clearly says that the LORD will give strength to His people. Since the strength comes from Him, it is His strength and is powerful indeed! I long for peace--and this too is a gift from God. And it is not "just" peace, but perfect peace!
"You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3
So there you have it--promises of strength and peace for this new week! Have a wonderful STRONG and PEACEFUL Monday--and take God's strength and peace with you on into Tuesday and the rest of the week as well!
~Susan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment