Good--opps! It's not morning as I write this, so I guess I cannot wish you a "Good Morning!" now can I? So I guess I will wish you a "Good Afternoon" and a "Happy Sabbath" instead!
No time this morning to write up a blog post, but I still did not want the day to pass without my sitting down and seeing what God had for me in today's Psalm of Psalm 20. I loved the promises in this chapter, and ended up underlining quite a bit of it. But what I choose for writing in my Bible notebook was not a verse that I would put in the "promise" category, but rather in the "this is God's Will for my life" category. But really it doesn't matter where YOU would put it--as long as you put it in your heart!
So I choose Psalm 20 verse 7, which goes like this:
"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the LORD our God."
As I have mentioned before, my Study Bible that I am using each morning is a NKJV, so I went ahead and looked this verse up in both the NIV as well as in the ESV, and they both word the last part of the verse "we will trust in the name of the LORD." So I went ahead and looked up the word "trust" in the dictionary, just to see if I could get any more insight into the meaning of this word. The definition I found went as follows:
"reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc. of a person or thing; confidence to trust in another's honesty"
Which got me to thinking--God made our lives in the first place. He created us. He sustains us. He teaches us. He forgives us. He redeems us. He rescues us. He restores us. I guess I would have to testify that He is certainly trust-worthy!
Have a beautiful day with Jesus--and remember to trust Him!
~Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment