Sunday, August 28, 2016

150 Days in the Psalms--Psalm 28

Good Morning!

Today I was reading in Psalm 28.  Just like yesterday's Psalm, it has some beautiful promises in it!  I choose verse 7 to write for my Bible notebook:

"The LORD is m strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him."  Psalm 28:7

"The LORD is my strength and my shield," --this verse is a reminder to me of where I am to be placing my trust.  Of the only place that is trust-worthy.  A few chapters ago we had Psalm 20:7, which reads:

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God."

What are the things we are in danger of trusting these days?  Our spouse?  Our job?  Our bank account?  Our church membership?

All these things are not necessarily wrong or bad things.  They can even be a result of blessings from God!  But they are not what is going to help us, not who is going to stay by us every day of our journey.  Not who gives us each next breath.

And so I am reminded.  Do not trust in a gift.  Instead trust in the True Gift-Giver.  For He is the Only One who saves.

Are you trusting in Him today?

~Susan


No comments:

Would you like to support my blog? As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through my links. I link to items that my family enjoys and that we find to be high quality. However, you do not need to buy the item that is linked here -- simply clicking on one of my links and then buying ANY item within 24 hours will earn me a small percentage and adds nothing to your cost. If you are going to be making an Amazon purchase, thank you for using my links to support my blog!

Visitors